[AWS] Building for VxWorks target problem

Pascal Obry pascal.obry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 22:05:23 CEST 2010

Antoine,

> Well actually this is the problem because the build will halt on this:
>
> Here is a part of my build output:
> powerpc-wrs-vxworks-gcc -c -gnat05 -O2 -gnatws -gnatn memory_streams.adb
> ccppc -c -O2 gai_strerror.c

This file should not be compiled as it is for Windows host only. I've
always built AWS for VxWorks on a Linux machine. Worth reporting this to
AdaCore.

> Is there a way to prevent compiling gai_strerror.c?

A quick workaround would be to add "#if 0 / #endif" in this file to
comment out all the code.

> In /aws/src/src.gpr I noticed:
>  case Shared.OS is
>       when "Windows_NT" =>
>          for Source_Dirs use Project'Source_Dirs & ("poll", "win32");

Maybe it would be sufficient to replace the line above by
            null;
when building for VxWorks target.

>       when others =>
>          null;