[AWS] AWS svn and development process

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:49:56 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> Does AdaCore require assignment of copyright? If not, how can AdaCore
> ever choose the licensing terms for the contributions, especially in
> the context of the dual-licensing policy?
>
> Also, are there plans to migrate from "GPL v2 or later" to "GPLv3 or
> later"? or to "GPLv3 only"?

Hello Ludovic,

Please excuse me if these questions are completely braindead, but at
what point does a contribution to a project like AWS warrant a
separate copyright notice? Is it necessary/required for a 5 line
patch, if the patch is a bugfix or a minor addition to existing
functionality?

What if, for example, I added my small cookie package to AWS, and
wrote the necessary documentation for it. Would the "patch" to the
documentation require a copyright notice? Or the code for that matter?

And what if the author, in this case me, doesn't care? Could I just
give the code and documentation to the project, and let Pascal and
company do what they like with it, or would that put the AWS project
in a difficult position?

All this licensing/copyright stuff is completely new to me, seeing as
I've mostly coded software used internally in my own business.

:o)
Thomas Løcke