[AWS] AWS - maintain state between server and client

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Thu Apr 8 16:08:23 CEST 2010

Pascal Obry wrote:

> AWS send a cookie behind the scene to record a session
> with the web browser.

How do you control the life-time of the session cookie AWS
sends?

> But not needed as the necessary feature is provided by a higher level
> API.

Some of us dislike using session cookies for stuff which
isn't session specific.  Generally I prefer to store user
preferences in individual cookies.  I want to keep track of
my users, I just want their browser to send me their
preferences when I need them.

> Note that it is still possible to mess with cookies by
> sending specific headers.

Good.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Being an absolute ruler today was not as simple as people
  thought.  At least, it was not simple if your ambitions