[AWS] Compiling example programs with AWS on Mac OS X

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Dec 29 23:09:06 CET 2009

Hi Maciej,

> First there was:
>
>     file "ssl-thin.ads" not found
>
> I have worked around it by creating symbolic links to
> ssl-thin__dummy.ads/ali in appropriate directories.
>
> After adding these symbolic links the compilation went fine, but the
> linker failed with undefined references and the whole worked properly
> only when the list of libraries was: -laws -laws_include -laws_ssl.
>
> Is it expected? Did I do something wrong during the compilation of AWS?

Yes it is expected.

> Did I do something wrong during the compilation of AWS?

No, not at compilation time but at use time. The best option is to use
the AWS project file to build your application. The installed AWS
project knows about the naming of some special units.
(see lib/gnat/aws/aws_shared.gpr)

Alternatively you can use the gnat.adc file generated when building AWS
(see -gnatec= GNAT option).

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|