[AWS] Make Build errors

Hamel, Mark A. (Mission Systems) mark.hamel at ngc.com
Wed Sep 24 20:35:02 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I've tried playing around with aws on windows over the past year or so
with little success.  With Jocelyn Paine's procedures here
http://www.j-paine.org/installing_aws_for_xp.html I decided to try once
more.  I immediately ran into some errors but in reading more carefully
I saw my environment was a bit out of date.  So I upgrade my GNAT2007 to
GNAT2008 and aws2.3 to aws2.5.  Other some slight path naming
differences, I believe my environment is that as described on this site,
including Cygwin 3.8.1.  I've changed the makefile.conf to explictly set
the path to GNAT root and the win32/makefile to explicitly set CC  =
gcc.  I run "make setup", no problemos.  I run "make build" and have the
following issues:

$ make build
Building Zlib library
include.gpr:73:13: "end case" expected
include.gpr:74:11: identifier expected
include.gpr:76:16: Expected "include"
include.gpr:82:04: Unexpected text following end of project
shared.gpr:149:13: "end case" expected
shared.gpr:150:11: identifier expected
shared.gpr:152:16: Expected "shared"
shared.gpr:158:04: Unexpected text following end of project
zlib.gpr:45:08: undefined attribute "externally_build"
gnatmake: "include" processing failed
Make[1]: *** [build] Error 4
Make: *** [include_build] Error 2

The shared.gpr and include.gpr errors revolve around the same patterns:

      case OS is
         when "Darwin" =>
            for Default_Switches ("Ada")
              use Compiler'Default_Switches ("Ada") & ("-fno-common");
         when others =>
            null;
      end case;

Weird... but to see what might happen further down the road, I commented
out these blocks from shared and include gpr's and the externally_built
line from zlib and got errors about libraries not being supported on
this platform...

Anyhoo, any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.