[AWS] ssl-thin on Windows

Jocelyn Paine popx at j-paine.org
Tue Sep 2 16:50:30 CEST 2008

I'm still getting errors when I try to compile the demo program
hello_world.adb from the command line. (I mailed about this on 15th
August.)

I've built and installed AWS under Windows XP. This has created
executables for the demo programs, and I have successfully run the
executable created by compiling hello_world.adb, and displayed its "hello
world" message in my browser.

However, I can't see how to compile it from scratch. These are the
relevant bits of my environment:
  Gnat top-level directory:              c:\gnat\
  AWS top-level directory:               c:\aws\
  AWS demo directory:                    c:\aws\demos\
  Variables in makefile.conf:            INSTALL = /cygdrive/c/gnat
                                         SOCKET = std
  ADA_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable: c:\gnat\include\aws;
                                         c:\gnat\include\aws\components
  ADA_PROJECT_PATH environment variable: c:\aws\.build\projects;
                                         c:\gnat\lib\gnat
The environment variables are both on one line: I've split them
so they're easier for you to read.

I don't know whether I need the
  c:\aws\.build\projects;
in ADA_PROJECT_PATH . There is a posting at
http://lists.adacore.com/pipermail/aws/2007-October/000848.html ,
"[AWS] Compiling hello_world errors", where you say
that one has to add <aws_root>/.build/projects to ADA_PROJECT_PATH.

To compile hello_world.adb, I went to c:\aws\demos\ , and gave the
command:
  gcc -c hello_world.adb

This gave me these errors:
  hello_world.adb:35:06: file "ssl-thin.ads" not found
  hello_world.adb:35:06: "Hello_World (body)" depends on "Aws.Server (spec)"
  hello_world.adb:35:06: "Aws.Server (spec)" depends on "Aws.Net.Ssl (spec)"
  hello_world.adb:35:06: "Aws.Net.Ssl (spec)" depends on "Ssl.Thin (spec)"

Do I need to set up a project file, or is there a problem with my
installation, do you think?

Thanks
Jocelyn Paine