[AWS] Problem with .net soap interaction

Wiljan Derks wiljan.derks at nxp.com
Wed Feb 27 12:59:13 CET 2008

I am trying to make soap calls work to IIS and I do not know much about
the internals just
that .net was used to handle the soap calls in the web server.
I now tried doing soap call using the aws.client routines, but all calls
are rejected.
The reason for this is that the server does not seem to like then name
spaces in the soap body.

Normaly the aws routines send a soap body that looks like:
<soap:Body>
<awsns:GetMapsFromMapDatabase xmlns:awsns="http://soapaws/">
<ocrID xsi:type="xsd:string">CK2913W01H0</ocrID>
<sfcLotName xsi:type="xsd:string"></sfcLotName>
<diffusionLotName xsi:type="xsd:string"></diffusionLotName>
<processStep xsi:type="xsd:string"></processStep>
<fileType xsi:type="xsd:string">Ibis XML</fileType>
</awsns:GetMapsFromMapDatabase>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

When I send this to the server, it fails. I tried various changes in the
xml with some hacking,
but as soon there is something in front of the "GetMapsFromMapDatabase" it
always seems to fail.
Things seems to work when I remove the namespace things.
Thus now I modified the soap-message package so it does not add the name
spaces when they are set
to the empty name.
Also I now use a namespace to build the payload:
   MWH_Name_Space : constant SOAP.Name_Space.Object :=
      Create ("", "http://compat-it.nl/wmv2/WebMapService/", "");
This then gives the following soap body that seems to work fine:
<soap:Body>
<GetMapsFromMapDatabase xmlns="http://compat-it.nl/wmv2/WebMapService/">
<ocrID xsi:type="xsd:string">CK2913W01H0</ocrID>
<sfcLotName xsi:type="xsd:string"></sfcLotName>
<diffusionLotName xsi:type="xsd:string"></diffusionLotName>
<processStep xsi:type="xsd:string"></processStep>
<fileType xsi:type="xsd:string">Ibis XML</fileType>
</GetMapsFromMapDatabase>
</soap:Body>

Currently, I do not understand the exact intentions of these name spaces.
Do you think this is a good approach ?
Do you want to integrate these changes in AWS ?