[AWS] Full URL

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Thu Sep 6 19:34:33 CEST 2007

Maciej,

> The following code:

> does not seem to give me the full URL string, only the URI part.

Right. The parameters are not part of the URI. Not that for a POST
request there is no parameters passed into the URI anyway.

> It looks like the version of AWS.Status.URI that returns AWS.URL.Object
> truncates the rest of the information, just like the version returning
> String. This is actually documented, but the fact that the URL object is
> involved was misleading.

This has been changed recently. Now an URL.Object does contains all
information (URI, parameters, protocol...).

> In what way can I extract the full URL as was used for the client request?

Using AWS.Parameters.URI_Format and AWS.Status.Parameters. Or using the
new implementation for AWS.URL.Object (not in GPL 2007).

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|