[AWS] Shrinking AWS apps

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Oct 22 18:41:16 CEST 2007

Jilani Khaldi a écrit :
> I have compiled AWS (svn version) with SHARED and XMLADA set to true.
> Everything is done right with demos compiled and running. The more
> impressive thing is that demos examples are really small (almost like C
> cgi apps). So, again, I ask for the equivalent of:

Hear, hear ! Who said GNAT code was bloated !

> ===============================
> hello.gpr:
> <<
> with "aws";
> project Hello is
>     for Source_Dirs use (".");
>     for Object_Dir use ".";
>     for Main use ("hello_world.adb");
> end Hello;
>  >>

> Then just run:
>
>     $ gnatmake -Phello
>

> ===============================
> to get a tiny "hello_world".

Don't you think at this point you should be reading the GNAT User's Guide :)

First you don't want to have debug symbols and want to optimize the code:

   package Compiler is
      for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-O2");
   end Compiler;

And then you want to strip your executable:

   package Linker is
      for Default_Switches ("Ada") use ("-s");
   end Linker;

All this as nothing to do with AWS BTW !

And again this is not tested, so I hope I didn't type wrong.

> Thank you.

You're welcome :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net