[AWS] AWS build problem

Eric Benoit eric at oddity.ca
Wed Jun 20 18:31:32 CEST 2007

Pascal Obry wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
>> "ADA.CALENDAR.TIME_ZONES (spec)"
>> aws-utils.adb:463:29: "Time_Zones" is undefined
>> gnatmake:
>> "/usr/home/eric/devel/aws/AWS-gpl-2.3.0/src/aws-attachments.adb"
>> compilation error
>>
>> Has anyone else had this particular issue? Different version of gcc,
>> AWS, both, or am I up the creek?
>
> Looks like GNAT/GCC 4.2 does not contain the Ada.Calendar.Time_Zones new
> Ada 2005 package. This is part of GNAT GPL 2007. It will probably be
> part of the GNAT/GCC 4.3. AWS GPL 2.3 has been tested with GNAT GPL
> 2007, it is also known to be working fine with GNAT Pro 6.0.x.

Yeah, I was under the impression GCC 4.2 had all of Ada 2005. Then I was
wondering if this was something specific to FreeBSD. Apparently not.
I've built the latest GCC 4.3 snapshot:

% /opt/gcc43/bin/gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.3.0 20070615 (experimental)

.. and AWS builds as expected.

My concern now is GCC 4.3 for production use. Do we think these updates
will be/can be backported to GCC 4.2? For that matter, will GNAT GPL
2007 build under FreeBSD? Maybe I should give that a shot.

Thanks