[AWS] aws on mac os x

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Thu Jun 7 17:08:17 CEST 2007

Le mercredi, 6 juin 2007, à 15:27 Europe/Paris, Pascal Obry a écrit :

> Thomas,
>
>> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:@libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs login
>> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs co AWS
>
> As I said in a previous message this is not the latest.
> Please try with AWS GPL 2007 Edition.

well, you have deleted AWS from the CVS repository to avoid me to
continue to use it ?
(if you don't want to restore it anyway, you should update
https://libre.adacore.com/aws/ too)

i hate have to create an acount and login before be allowed to download
:-(
on top of that, the use of cvs or svn in an install script allow me to
just run the script to update

i was confusing AWS with gnat in your last message, sorry,
so i asked on GNAT-OSX at hermes.gwu.edu :

Début du message réexpédié :

> De: Andrew Reynolds <awreynolds at MAC.COM>
> Date: Mer 6 juin 2007  21:52:39 Europe/Paris
> À: GNAT-OSX at HERMES.GWU.EDU
> Objet: Rép : [GNAT-OSX] AWS (CVS version) compilation problem
> Répondre à: GNAT for Mac OS X User List <GNAT-OSX at HERMES.GWU.EDU>
>
> On Wednesday, June 06, 2007, at 02:56PM, "Thomas De Contes"
> <d.l.tDeContes at FREE.FR> wrote:
>> Le mercredi, 6 juin 2007, à 18:51 Europe/Paris, Andrew Reynolds a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> Thomas,
>>>
>>> You have to check out AWS 2.2 (it has the release tag).
>>
>> how can i download it ?
>>
>> should i add "release" somewhere in
>> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs co AWS
>> ?
>>
>>> The head of the CVS trunk does not compile.
>>
>> ok :-)
>
> Thomas,
>
> $ cd <path to AWS checkout you already have>/AWS
> $ cvs log configure
>
> look for a tag release2_2 or something like that in the tags section
> near the top of the log listing.
>
> $ cvs update -r <release 2.2 tag>
> $ ./configure ...
>
> Hope this helps!

and somebody else on the list said that it worked

what do you think about that ?

until you have time for svn, what do you think about update the CVS
repository from time to time, not necessary often ?

as a last resort, since the last version of AWS is the 2.3, would it be
possible to put the 2.2 on the web site, near the 2.0, the 1.4, and the
1.3 ?

--
Mon CV : http://tDeContes.hd.free.fr/divers/emploi/