[AWS] aws on mac os x

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Jun 6 15:03:04 CEST 2007

Le mardi, 5 juin 2007, à 19:00 Europe/Paris, Pascal Obry a écrit :

> Thomas,
>
>>> I think it is not supported for now. Nobody tests this kind of
>>> configuration.
>>
>> ah ?
>> so why is this option ?
>
> Because we used to support it and we hoped to bring the support back.
> But lack of time...

ok :-)

> Feel free to fix AdaSockets support and to
> contribute the patch. Thanks.

i don't see the interest, but
- if it's needed to use AWS and AdaSockets in the same program, i'll
look at it soon ;-) but since i don't know AWS i'll probably need a lot
of help,
- if it's useful, even if it's not needed, i'll probably look at it
later :-)

>>> You should configure with GNAT sockets.
>>
>> thank you, it goes further :-)
>>
>> gcc -c -gnatwcfijkmruv -gnaty3abcefhiklmnoprstx -Wall -O2 -gnatn -I-
>> -gnatA
>> /Users/thomas/Documents/temporaire/AWS/src/aws-services-split_pages-
>> uniform.adb
>> templates_parser.adb:2374:40: "Contains" not declared in "Containers"
>> templates_parser.adb:2402:33: "Include" not declared in "Containers"
>> templates_parser.adb:2423:36: "Contains" not declared in "Containers"
>> templates_parser.adb:5166:37: unmatched actual "New_Item" in call
>> templates_parser-filter.adb:378:31: "Contains" not declared in
>> "Containers"
>> gnatmake:
>> "/Users/thomas/Documents/temporaire/AWS/src/aws-services-split_pages-
>> uniform.adb" compilation error
>> make[1]: *** [build] Error 4
>> make: *** [src_build] Error 2
>
> The GNAT version you are using appears to have an old (and
> incompatible)
> Ada.Containers set.

strange, since i think i have the last available version of gnat

> It was a pre-release built before the final standard
> and as you found out it is not compatible anymore...

> Wait or it is the
> other way around, which AWS version are you using ?

i think i use the last available version of both gnat and aws :

svn checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/gcc-4_2-branch gnat/
../configure --enable-languages=ada
--prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall/gnat/4.2

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs:@libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs co AWS

if you don't know what i should do, i'll ask on GNAT-OSX at hermes.gwu.edu

--