[AWS] Slow HTTP-upload performance

Dmitriy Anisimkov anisimkov at ada-ru.org
Wed Nov 8 14:54:58 CET 2006

Arne Knutsen wrote:

> AWS is really slow when doing HTTP-upload. As I can see from the code,
> there is room for improvements. Has anyone done this before, or have
> any suggestions ?

I think there is should be user callback to receive uploaded data.
Otherwise we would have to write uploaded data to temporary files, and
user would have to move it somewhere else.
Direct write to necessary place is at least 2 times faster.
Write uploaded data temporary to memory could be unefficient too,
because upload could be too big, and it would cause memory swap file IO.

User callback could be something like
procedure (Name : String; Stream : Stream_Access);

And stream should be readed just from socket with necessary HTTP decoding.