[AWS] some AWS newbie questions

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Jul 17 20:09:34 CEST 2006

hrvoje pejcinovic a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm very much new to AWS, but I'm interested to learn
> it. I'm running Windows XP. And I'm a bit confused how
> to set the AWS on XP. Once I download
> aws-gpl-2.2.0-src.tgz I extract it, and then what do I
> do. Do I need to build it,install it or what? When I
> try to build it I run make setup build as directed in
> tutorial but I get

Hum, what are the output for:

   $ make --version
   $ which make

Also which GNAT compiler are you using ?

> I'm running latest cygwin make.

Yes, looks like the make in your PATH is not the Cygwin one.

> Do you have any ideas. Second I'm keen to use AWS from
> GPS how do I do that?

Simple. On your project file add:

   with "aws";

   project Xyz is
   end Xyz;

That's simple :)

You need either to install AWS into the standard location. INSTALL
variable must point to the GNAT root directory or set the
ADA_PROJECT_PATH to point to the install directory... But all this is in
the documentation :)

> Many thanks.

You're welcome.

Pascal.