[AWS] Freeing allocated streams

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Dec 26 11:24:10 CET 2006

Patrice Freydiere a écrit :
> Hi the list, happy christmas and new year !!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and to all AWS users!

> i 've not seen such functionnality on aws, that permit me to provide a
> custom stream (not a ressource stream), which can tell me that the
> stream has been close to help me free the heap memory allocation.

As Dmitriy said, using AWS.Resources is the was to go to create user's
defined stream response. But as you said that the image is on disk why
not use the AWS.Resources.File directly ? This will send the image by
chunk if needed and supported by the client browser!

> do you see any simple solutions for that ?

Yes, the AWS.Resources tree is your friend :)

> (i'm looking for keeping the database storage managment, so i will have
> a similar problem with the blob allocation / desallocation with the
> database API)

For more complex interaction it is always possible to create a fine
tuned stream by inheriting from AWS.Resources.Streams.Stream_Type.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|