[AWS] server shutdown

xabier.artola at ehu.es xabier.artola at ehu.es
Mon Jun 6 22:17:53 CEST 2005

Sorry if you receive this mail more than once
Dear colleagues,

is there any elegant way to shutdown the server upon request from the
client?

We are working on the implementation of an electronic dictionary as a
browser-based application. We want to be able to quit the application
(close the browser window + shutdown the server) when the user requests it
at the client browser. How to do it? I am trying to do it in a Get
callback function, but it tooks very long to the server to shutdown, and
it always terminates with the following message: Can't terminate all
lines. Slot 1 in aborted state.

Another good choice would be to detect at the server that no connections
are active, and then shut it down. But, how to do it?

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Xabier Artola.