[AWS] Re: Unable to built latest CVS version of AWS

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.org
Thu Feb 3 18:35:25 CET 2005

Peter,

 > I'm new to Ada, so I especially appreciate your help over these bumps.

Will try.

 > F:\CVSRoot\AWS>gnatls -v
 >
 > GNATLS 3.15p  (20020523) Copyright 1997-2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

To be removed.

 > So I have a known environment to work with, I have removed all UNIX
 > environment and compatibility tools and GNAT from my system and reinstalled.
 >
 > I don't see a recommended approach documented anywhere, so here are the
 > steps I went through.
 >
 > Installed gnat-3.15p-nt.exe from http://libre.adacore.com/GNAT/

To be removed.

 > Installed gnatwin-3.15p.exe from http://libre.adacore.com/GNAT/

To be removed.

 > Installed MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe from http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

To be removed. Install MinGW-3.2.0-rc-3.exe.

 > Updated system path to start with: N:\GNAT\bin;D:\mingw\bin;
 >
 > Tested GNAT and AdaGuide.
 > 	They work fine.
 >
 > Updated AWS from the CVS version.
 >
 > Checked makefile.conf:
 > 	INSTALL  = N:\Ada
 > 	No other changes from the default.
 >
 > make setup
 >
 > This is what I get:
 > ---
 > F:\CVSRoot\AWS>make setup
 > The syntax of the command is incorrect.
 > Setup OS specific definitions
 > In file included from D:\MinGW\include\ws2tcpip.h:19,
 >                   from src/check_config.c:12:

The compiler is looking for the wrong include files. And GNAT 3.15p based on
GCC 2.8.1 will not be able to parse the MinGW 3.1 includes. Follow the steps
above it should fix your problem.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|