[AWS] agent demo broken in AWS-1.4 (worked in 1.3)

Adrien Lafont de Sentenac adrien.desentenac@eikonex.net
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:10:02 +0100

Le samedi 20 Mars 2004 11:17, vous avez =E9crit :
> Adrien,
>
>  > Well, agent was just for testing purpose, the problem is that my
>  > application  must get a file from a distant server, so i don't see how=
>  > can mix working  functionalities of AWS-1.3 and AWS-1.4 ;)
>
> In that case no problem as the limitation was in tools/agent not in the
> server... Well maybe there was some problem in 1.4, I have not tested...

I'm not sure i do it correctly then.
To get a distant file in my server i do :

declare
	Data : Response.Data;
	F : Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.File_Type;
begin
	Data :=3D AWS.Client.Get (URL =3D> URL);
	Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Create (F,=20
	                                  Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Out_File,=20
	                                  Filename);
	Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Write (F, AWS.Response.Message_Body (Data));
	Ada.Streams.Stream_IO.Close (F);
end;

and on big files, AWS.Response.Message_Body raises a storage error when=20
declaring the Stream_Element_Array (by passing -fstack-check to the compile=
r=20
when compiling AWS, i made it not segfault).
The exact error message is :
Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
Message: stack overflow detected

Is there another way to transfer the distant file on my server ?

NB: my stack size seems to be maximum :
=2D$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 4031
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Thanks again for your answer :)
=2D-=20
Adrien Lafont de Sentenac <adrien.desentenac@eikonex.net>
Eikonex - Open Source Engineering  (http://www.eikonex.net)