[AWS] AWS Issues

Patrice Freydiere frett27@free.fr
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:43:21 +0100

if i understand well, the call back procedure will always end, even if the
client disconnect or abort queries. that's fine to me, as a "corollaire",
implementation must be careful of time consuming request. event if those
requests are aborded.

thank's for your help, pascal.

imgsvr is becoming more and more interesting for me, version 0.5 is coming out
with a real improvment for end users.
personnaly i use it for my huge collection of digital pictures. (about 4 go of
pictures), with custom layouts. I even put it on CDROM, with picture for
smart browsing. Now, it have a robust catalog management for browsing mysql
database or file based catalog !

next step will be improve client side, and functions on pictures
(email, reordering, rotating, annotate ..) if anybody has ideas !

i do enjoy Ada language, for smart and robust, software building.

Patrice

Le Samedi 20 Mars 2004 11:44, Pascal Obry a écrit :
> Patrice,
>
>  > How can i be sure to release the connexion ?
>
> I don't think there is any problem. When in a callback procedure nothing
> will happen. The connection will be released only by the server. Every
> callback procedure will start and terminate properly (if there is no bug in
> your code of course :).
>
>  > now i just use a exception release, but i not seems to be sufficient ?
>  >
>  > id :
>  >
>  >
>  > exception
>  > when others
>  > 	connexionpool.relase(conn);
>  > 	raise ;
>
> Should be fine indeed.
>
> BTW, please try to keep the discussion in the mailing-list as I want to
> encourage people to help others. I can't provide help for everybody alone
> :)
>
> Thanks,
> Pascal.

- --
- ----
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 139A6156
http://adaimgsvr.sourceforge.net