[AWS] agent demo broken in AWS-1.4 (worked in 1.3)

Adrien Lafont de Sentenac adrien.desentenac@eikonex.net
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:27:00 +0100

Hello, i'm having a problem using AWS-1.4 to transfer big files (> 20 MB), it
makes my application segfault, so i tried to see how it should be done and
tried agent demo.

I tried the agent demo of the AWS-1.3 source tree and it worked fine, then i
tried the agent demo of AWS-1.4 and it crashed with a segmentation fault.
The command i used is : ./agent GET http://mysite/Linux-pdf-HOWTOs.tar.bz2 -o
The program crashes on :

Message_Body : constant Streams.Stream_Element_Array
                        := Response.Message_Body (Data);

It seems that it is unable to fill the stream, but the content length returned
is correct.

You can get Linux-pdf-HOWTOs.tar.bz2 from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/Linux-pdf-HOWTOs.tar.bz2
(27 MB)

I use GNAT 3.15p on a GNU/Linux Mandrake 9.1 (kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk) and
AWS-1.4.

Is there another way to transfer files ?
Is it broken or is the agent demo out-of-date and it should be done another
way ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
--
Adrien Lafont de Sentenac <adrien.desentenac@eikonex.net>