[AWS] Problem with stack limits

Alejandro R. Mosteo Chagoyen Alejandro R. Mosteo Chagoyen" <alejandro@mosteo.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:59:17 +0100

Hi, regulars,

if you remember I'm generating huge listings with AWS of several
thousand lines. I normally test under windows. There, I've had to
raise the stack size using the Line_Stack_Size option because stack
overflows were being generated for the largest listings. That gives
some more margin. I've used a size of 4MB.

The problem is that under Linux, raising over 2MB gives a tasking
exception when activating the server. It says more or less "activation
failed". I've tried with

ulimit -s unlimited

and passing

--stack=0x10000

to the linker to increase the stack but there seems to not be
difference.

Do you know of any solution? I'm not interested in raising the stack
size much more, but it would be nice to have the same value under
Linux and Windows, but not one as "low" as 2MB.

Is there other way of "workarounding" the stack when using AWS?

Thanks,

P.s: I could break the listings if no solution arises, but just for
curiosity alone let's consider this would not be acceptable.

--
A. Mosteo  --  mailto:alejandro@mosteo.com