[AWS] AWS as a service on a Win2000 server

anders.wirzenius@wartsila.com anders.wirzenius@wartsila.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:34:41 +0200

This is, I think, more a Windows question than an AWS question, but I
hope someone has tried the same as me.

I have a working runme.exe on a Windows 2000 server.
AWS version is 1.3 (Sorry, the updating to 1.4 has been postponed).

It runs without any problems when started by a local user on the server.
I want to have it started automatically as a service.

I succeeded to register it as a service in Windows, but when I try to
start the service, I got error messages.
When starting using Computer Management:
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion."=20
When starting from a DOS prompt:
"The service is not responding to the control function."

I have tried both with   =20
AWS.Server.Wait (AWS.Server.Q_Key_Pressed);
and
AWS.Server.Wait (AWS.Server.Forever);
in the runme.adb

Has anyone succeeded in register AWS as a service on a Window box?
Microsoft Knowledge Base tells that Windows has problems with Services.

Anders=20