Re[5]: [AWS] Non-lineal parsing time with Templates_parser

Alejandro R. Mosteo Chagoyen Alejandro R. Mosteo Chagoyen" <alejandro@mosteo.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:39:50 +0100

Dicho por Pascal Obry:

> Alejandro,

 >> Rows    Time old        Time new
 >> 100     0,138           0,139
 >> 200     0,399           0,393
 >> 300     1,651           1,609
 >> 400     4,33            4,25
 >> 500     8,275           8,044
 >> 600     13,564          13,168
 >> 700     19,509          19,138
 >> 800     27,501          26,289
 >> 900     36,278          35,641
 >> 1000    48,189          47,384
 >>
 >> So I suppose the mentioned optimizations aren't addressing this
 >> particular situation.

> It would be nice if you could test the new version and report the
> new times.

I think I'm missing something, since I haven't get the patch
mentioned, and after looking at the list archives, it is neither
there.

However, following an off-list suggestion, I've fetched the new
Ada.Strings.Unbounded from CVS and, after some tinkering with the
3.15p sources, the results are spectacular. Now, it takes less than
three seconds for the worst case. I'll post tomorrow the exact times
(I'm now in another computer).

Kind regards,

A. Mosteo.