Re[3]: [AWS] Non-lineal parsing time with Templates_parser

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:14:08 +0100 (CET)

Alejandro,

> Umm... I've downloaded the latest Templates_Parser from Obry's page
> (not AWS 1.4, but I think it's the same or better)

Right.

> and it shows only marginal improvements:

Expected. The improvemen was for large tables. In your case I suspect
that the problem comes from the Ada.Strings.Unbounded implementation.
The 3.15 version is really slow compared to the new implementation
found starting with 3.16.

> So I suppose the mentioned optimizations aren't addressing this
> particular situation.

Right.

> Any ideas?

Jean Pierre Rosen has contributed an optimization to the templates engine
by using a buffer. This avoids lot of costly reallocations. I had no time yet
to integrate it. I'll try nevertheless to post this patch later today on this list.

Pascal.