[AWS] Default values in drop-down using template parser

Björn Lundin bnl at tiscali.se
Thu Dec 16 17:15:21 CET 2004

Hi!
I'm using (or actually a colleuge of mine) AWS 1.4 on Aix
to develop some kind of web-application (not done yet, but when so
I'll notify Pascal, and tell him AWS works on Aix 4.3.3 and Aix 5.2)

We use the template parser, and return a page with a drop-down list in it,
The user is supposed to select a value from the list, and do some action (post
or get) to the server. Then the same page is returned to the user, but this
time, we want to set the value selected from the drop-down last time, as the
default value. The value we picked last time is saved via the session object.

So what I look for, is some example code to set a default value to a drop down
list using the template parser.

regards

Björn Lundin
bjorn.lundin at swipnet.se