[AWS] authentication: how to log out?

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.org
Fri Apr 16 08:49:58 CEST 2004

Jessica,

 > I use in my aws application the authentication process
 > (aws.response.authenticate ("...", aws.response.digest)).
 > Is there a simple way to do a "log out" or a "automatic log out
 > after x minutes"?

No. This is part of the browser not the server. Once you have been
authenticated the browser will send the authenticate data with each request.

 > Currently under Linux, after entering the password,
 > the password is never requested again even if I open another
 > browser (I use mozilla).

It means that you are not using another browser but another window using the
same browser process.

If you want finer control over the authentication process you should use your
own scheme based on a form not the AWS.Response.Autenticate. Then you can
record the user/passwd into a set session variables. Those variables can have
a lifetime, see session support in the AWS's User Guide and AWS.Session spec.

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.org
--|