[AWS] imgsvr announcement

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:51:09 +0200

Patrice,

 > So my question will be :
 > how can i simplify the compilation process ??

This is always difficult. You have to properly document that to build your
server one need to first install the Booch components and AWS. Installing
from sources is never trivial.

We have had this problem with AWS as earlier versions were using AdaSockets
(it is still possible to use AdaSockets but by default now we use
GNAT.Sockets) so it was required to install this package.

In AWS we have choosen to distribute some components as they are not used a
lot (no clash with current components installed on the system) and not part of
a complete set.

Hopefully Ada 200y will have a set of containers and we will use them.

Maybe you should provide precompiled binaries (Windows, GNU/Linux) for those
who don't feel like going through all this steps.

Pascal.

--|