[AWS] Nessus resports security hole in aws?

Preben Randhol randhol@pvv.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:17:38 +0200

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> wrote on 15/10/2003 (14:11) :
> Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> wrote on 15/10/2003 (14:07) :
> > Hi
> >
> > I was running the hello_world demo of aws on my machine while checking
> > it with nessus. I got this feedback:
>
> Forgot. Nessus => http://www.nessus.org/

tried the text_input and now I get a bunch of serious security alerts:

Problem is that I don't understand where these .cgi etc.. files are.
They are not on my system. Is the problem that aws doesn't give a 404
when one write http://localhost:8080/somelink.html and then nessus
thinks this file is installed?

Thanks in advance.

Preben

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'viralator.cgi' is installed.
    Some versions of this CGI are don't check properly the user
    input and allow anyone to execute arbitrary commands with
    the privileges of the web server

    ** No flaw was tested. Your script might be a safe version.

    Solutions : Upgrade this script to version 0.9pre2 or newer
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0849

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'nph-publish.cgi' is installed. This CGI has
     a well known security flaw that lets an attacker to execute arbitrary
     commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution :  remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-1177

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It is possible to read
    any file on the remote system by prepending
    several dots before the file name.

    Example :

     GET ........../config.sys

    Solution : Disable this service and install
    a real Web Server.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0386

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    ServletExec has a servlet called 'UploadServlet' in its server
    side classes. UploadServlet, when invokable, allows an
    attacker to upload any file to any directory on the server. The
    uploaded file may have code that can later be executed on the
    server, leading to remote command execution.

    Solution : Remove it
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2000-1024
    BID : 1876

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'build.cgi' is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker obtain
    the password of the remote AdCycle database or delete
    databases.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-1161
    BID : 1969

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'Count.cgi' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0021
    BID : 128

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'upload.cgi' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone upload arbitrary
    files on the remote web server.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    IIS comes with the sample site 'ExAir'. Unfortunately, one of its pages,
    namely /iissamples/exair/search/query.asp, may be used to make IIS hang,
    thus preventing it from answering legitimate client requests.

    Solution : Delete the 'ExAir' sample IIS site.

    Risk factor : Medium
    CVE : CVE-1999-0449
    BID : 193

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    We detected a vulnerable version of the DCShop CGI.
    This version does not properly protect user and credit card information.
    It is possible to access files that contain administrative passwords,
    current and pending transactions and credit card information (along with
     name,
    address, etc).

    The following files are affected:

    DCShop orders file: /cgi-bin/dcshop/Orders/orders.txt
    DCShop orders file: /cgi-bin/dcshop/orders/orders.txt
    DCShop authentication file: /cgi-bin/dcshop/Auth_data/auth_user_file.txt
    DCShop authentication file: /cgi-bin/dcshop/auth_data/auth_user_file.txt

    Solution:
    1. Rename following directories to something hard to guess:
     - Data
     - User_carts
     - Orders
     - Auth_data

    2. Make these changes to dcshop.setup and dcshop_admin.setup.

    - In dcshop.setup, modify:

    $datadir = '$cgidir/Data'
    $cart_dir = '$cgidir/User_carts'
    $order_dir = '$cgidir/Orders'

    - In dcshop_admin.setup, modify:

    $password_file_dir = '$path/Auth_data'

    3. Rename dcshop.setup and dcshop_admin.setup to something difficult to
     guess.
    For example, dcshop_4314312.setup and dcshop_admin_3124214.setup

    4. Edit dcshop.cgi, dcshop_admin.cgi, and dcshop_checkout.cgi and modify the

    require statement for dcshop.setup and dcshop_admin.setup. That is:

    - In dcshop.cgi, modify

    require '$path/dcshop.setup'

    so that it uses new setup file. For example,

    require '$path/dcshop_4314312.setup'

    - In dcshop_admin.cgi, modify

    require '$path/dcshop.setup'
    require '$path/dcshop_admin.setup'

    so that it uses new setup file. For example,

    require '$path/dcshop_4314312.setup'
    require '$path/dcshop_admin_3124214.setup'

    - In dcshop_checkout.cgi, modify

    require '$path/dcshop.setup'

    so that it uses new setup file. For example,

    require '$path/dcshop_4314312.setup'

    5. Save following file as index.html and upload it to your
    /cgi-bin/dcshop directory, thereby hiding directory listing. On
    NT servers, you may have to rename this file to default.htm.

    http://www.dcscripts.com/FAQ/

    This page show 'Internal Server Error' so it is not an error page...
    it's just an index.html file to HIDE directories.

    6. Replace your current files with above files

    Risk factor : High

    Additional information:
    http://www.securiteam.com/unixfocus/5RP0N2K4KE.html

    CVE : CAN-2001-0821
    BID : 2889

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    basilix.php3 is installed on this web server. Some versions
    of this webmail software allow the users to read any file on
    the system with the permission of the webmail software, and
    execute any PHP.

    Solution : Update Basilix or remove DUMMY from lang.inc

    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CAN-2001-1045
    BID : 2995

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'Perl' CGI is installed and can be launched
    as a CGI. This is equivalent to giving a free shell to an attacker, with the
    http server privileges (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-1999-0509

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    Cross site scripting, buffer overflow and remote command
    execution on QuickTime/Darwin Streaming Administration
    Server.

    This is due to parsing problems with per script:
    parse_xml.cgi.

    The worst of these vulnerabilities allows for remote
    command execution usually as root or administrator.

    These servers are installed by default on port 1220.

    See:
    http://www.atstake.com/research/advisories/2003/a022403-1.txt

    Solution:  Obtain a patch or new software from Apple or
    block this port (TCP 1220) from internet access.

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Only the existance
    *** of the potentially vulnerable cgi script was tested.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2003-0050, CAN-2003-0051, CAN-2003-0052, CAN-2003-0053,
     CAN-2003-0054, CAN-2003-0055
    BID : 6954, 6955, 6956, 6957, 6958, 6960, 6990

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'campas' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0146
    BID : 1975

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

     RedHat Linux 6.0 installs by default a squid cache manager cgi script with
    no restricted access permissions. This script could be used to perform a
    port scan from the cgi-host machine.

    Solution :
    If you are not using the box as a Squid www proxy/cache server then
    uninstall the package by executing:
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid stop ; rpm -e squid

    If you want to continue using the Squid proxy server software, make the
    following actions to tighten security access to the manager interface:
    mkdir /home/httpd/protected-cgi-bin
    mv /home/httpd/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi /home/httpd/protected-cgi-bin/

    And add the following directives to /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf and
    srm.conf:

    --- start access.conf segment ---
    # Protected cgi-bin directory for programs that
    # should not have public access
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    allow from localhost
    #allow from .your_domain.com
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    --- end access.conf segment ---

    --- start srm.conf segment ---
    ScriptAlias /protected-cgi-bin/ /home/httpd/protected-cgi-bin/
    --- end srm.conf segment ---

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0710
    BID : 2059

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'websendmail' CGI is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : Remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0196
    BID : 2077

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'guestbook.pl' is installed. This CGI has
     a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
     commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Solution :  remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-1999-1053
    BID : 776

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'ping.asp' CGI is installed. Some versions
    allows a cracker to launch a ping flood against your
    machine or another by entering
    '127.0.0.1 -l 65000 -t' in the Address field.

    Solution : remove it.

    Reference : http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/275088

    Risk factor : Serious

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    BizDB is a web database integration product
    using Perl CGI scripts. One of the scripts,
    bizdb-search.cgi, passes a variable's
    contents to an unchecked open() call and
    can therefore be made to execute commands
    at the privilege level of the webserver.

    The variable is dbname, and if passed a
    semicolon followed by shell commands they
    will be executed. This cannot be exploited
    from a browser, as the software checks for
    a referrer field in the HTTP request. A
    valid referrer field can however be created
    and sent programmatically or via a network
    utility like netcat.

    see also : http://www.hack.co.za/daem0n/cgi/cgi/bizdb.htm

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2000-0287
    BID : 1104

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'get32.exe' CGI script is installed on this
     machine. This CGI has a well known security flaw that allows an
     attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the remote system with
     the privileges of the HTTP daemon (typically root or nobody).

    Solution : Remove the 'get32.exe' script from your web server's
    CGI directory (usually cgi-bin/)..

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-1999-0885
    BID : 770

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CSNews.cgi exists on this webserver. Some versions of this file
    are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2002-0923
    BID : 4994

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It is possible to fill the hard disk of a server
    running OmniHTTPd by issuing the request :
     http://omni.server/cgi-bin/visadmin.exe?user=guest
    This allows an attacker to crash your web server.
    This script checks for the presence of the faulty CGI, but
    does not execute it.

    Solution : remove visadmin.exe from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Medium/High
    CVE : CAN-1999-0970
    BID : 1808

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    IIS comes with the sample site 'ExAir'. Unfortunately,
    one of its pages, namely /iissamples/exair/search/advsearch.asp, may
    be used to make IIS hang, thus preventing it from answering legitimate
    client requests.

    Solution : Delete the 'ExAir' sample IIS site.

    Risk factor : Medium/High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0449
    BID : 193

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The Cart32 e-commerce shopping cart is installed.

    This software contains several security flaws :

     - it may contain a backdoor
     - users may be able to change the admin password remotely

    You should use something else.

    See also : http://www.cerberus-infosec.co.uk/advcart32.html

    Solution : use another shopping cart software
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2000-0429
    BID : 1153

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    At least one of these file or directories is
    world readable :

       /webcart/orders/
       /webcart/orders/import.txt
       /webcart/carts/
       /webcart/config/
       /webcart/config/clients.txt
       /webcart-lite/orders/import.txt
       /webcart-lite/config/clients.txt

    This misconfiguration may allow an attacker to gather
    the credit card numbers of your clients.

    Solution : Do not make directories world readable.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-1999-0610
    BID : 2281

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'args.bat' (and/or 'args.cmd') is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker upload
    arbitrary files on the remote web server.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-dos.

    Risk factor : Medium
    CVE : CAN-1999-1180

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The VsSetCookie.exe exists on this webserver.
    Some versions of this file are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.
    To manually test the server, you can try:
    http://<serverip>/cgi-bin/VsSetCookie.exe?vsuser=<user_name>

    With a correctly guessed User Name, you will gain full access to the CGI.

    *** As Nessus solely relied on the banner of the remote host
    *** this might be a false positive

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2002-0236
    BID : 3784

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The ndcgi.exe exists on this webserver.
    Some versions of this file are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.
    More info can be found at:
     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=100681274915525&w=2

    *** As Nessus solely relied on the existence of the ndcgi.exe file,
    *** this might be a false positive

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0922

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It is possible to read the include file of PCCS-Mysql,
    dbconnect.inc on the remote server.

    This include file contains information such as the
    username and password used to connect to the database.

    Solution:
    Versions 1.2.5 and later are not vulnerable to this issue.
    A workaround is to restrict access to the .inc file.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-0707
    BID : 1557

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'guestbook.cgi' is installed. This CGI has
     a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
     commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Solution :  remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0237
    BID : 776

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The script /cart/cart.cgi is present.

    If this shopping cart system is the Dansie
    Shopping Cart, and if it is older than version 3.0.8
    then it is very likely that it contains a backdoor
    which allows anyone to execute arbitrary commands on this system.

    Solution : use another cart system
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-0252
    BID : 1115

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'ad.cgi' is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute
    arbitrary commands with the privileges of the http daemon
    (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0025
    BID : 2103

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    Trend Micro OfficeScan Corporate Edition (Japanese version: Virus
    Buster Corporate Edition) web-based management console let anybody
    access /officescan/hotdownload without authentication.

    Reading the configuration file /officescan/hotdownload/ofcscan.ini
    will reveal information on your system. More, it contains passwords
    that are encrypted by a weak specific algorithm; so they might be
    decrypted

    Solution :  upgrade OfficeScan
    Risk factor : Low
    BID : 3438

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The file /wwwboard/passwd.txt exists.

     This file is installed by default with Matt's Script wwwboard
     software.  This can be a high risk vulnerability if the
     password used is the same for other services.  An attacker
     can easily take over the board by cracking the passwd.

    Solution : Configure the wwwadmin.pl script to put
               the passwd.txt file somewhere else.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0953
    BID : 649

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    /cgi-bin/.cobalt/overflow/overflow.cgi was detected.
    Some versions of this CGI allow remote users to execute arbitrary commands
    with the privileges of the web server.

    *** Nessus just checked the presence of this file
    *** but did not try to exploit the flaw, so this might
    *** be a false positive

    See: http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2002-35.html

    Solution : get a newer software from Cobalt
    Risk factor : High

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'glimpse' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Note that we could not actually check for the presence
    of this vulnerability, so you may be using a patched
    version.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0147
    BID : 2026

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'textcounter' is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute
    arbitrary commands with the privileges of the http daemon
    (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    BID : 2265

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The Webnews.exe exists on this webserver.
    Some versions of this file are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2002-0290
    BID : 4124

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The Cobalt 'siteUserMod' CGI is installed.
    Older versions of this CGI allow any user to change the
    administrator password.

    Make sure you are running the latest version.

    Solution :

    RaQ 1 Users, download :
    ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/
     pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/RaQ1-Security-3.6.pkg

    RaQ 2 Users, download  :
    ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/
     pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/RaQ2-Security-2.94.pkg

    RaQ 3 Users, download :
    ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/
     pub/experimental/security/siteUserMod/RaQ3-Security-2.2.pkg

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-0117
    BID : 951

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'windmail.exe' CGI is installed.

    Some versions of this CGI script have a security flaw that lets
    an attacker execute arbitrary commands on the remote server.

    To test this, make the following request :

    GET /cgi-bin/windmail.exe?-n%20c:\boot.ini%20you@youraddress.com

    (replace you@youraddress.com by your real email address).

    If you receive the content of the file boot.ini,
    then your server is vulnerable.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin. See www.geocel.com
               for a new version.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-0242
    BID : 1073

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI /scripts/tools/newdsn.exe is present.

    This CGI allows any attacker to create files
    anywhere on your system if your NTFS permissions
    are not tight enough, and can be used to overwrite
    DSNs of existing databases.

    Solution : Remove newdsn.exe
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0191
    BID : 1818

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The file /ncl_items.html or /ncl_subjects.html exist on the remote system.
    It is very likely that this file will allow an attacker
    to reconfigure your Tektronix printer.

    An attacker can use this to prevent the users of your
    network from working properly by preventing them
    from printing their files.

    Solution : Filter incoming traffic to port 80 to this
    device, or disable the Phaserlink webserver on the
    printer (can be done by requesting
     http://printername/ncl_items?SUBJECT=2097)

    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CAN-1999-1508
    BID : 806

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'jj' CGI is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : Remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0260
    BID : 2002

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'wrap' CGI is installed. This CGI allows
    anyone to get a listing for any directory with mode +755.

    *** Note that all implementations of 'wrap' are not
    *** vulnerable. See the relevant CVE entry.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Low/Medium
    CVE : CVE-1999-0149
    BID : 373

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'plusmail' CGI is installed. Some
    versions of this CGI have a well known security flaw that
    lets an attacker read arbitrary
    file with the privileges of the http daemon
    (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin. No patch yet

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-0074
    BID : 2653

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'AnyForm2' is installed.

    Old versions of this CGI have a well known security flaw that lets
    anyone execute arbitrary commands with the privileges of the http daemon
    (root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0066
    BID : 719

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    IIS comes with the sample site 'ExAir'.
    Unfortunately, one of its pages,
    namely /iissamples/exair/search/search.asp,
    may be used to make IIS hang, thus preventing
    it from answering legitimate client requests.

    Solution : Delete the 'ExAir' sample IIS site.

    Risk factor : Medium
    CVE : CVE-1999-0449
    BID : 193

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It may be possible for an attacker to reconfigure the
    remote web server by requesting :

     GET /scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=anything?WSMadmin

    Solution : Edit the ubroker.properties file and change
     AllowMsngrCmds = 1
    to :
     AllowMsngrCmds = 0

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-0127
    BID : 969

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    'cgiwrap' is installed. This CGI has
     a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
     commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    *** Note that all versions of cgiwrap are not affected
    *** by this problem ! Consult your vendor.

    Solution :  remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-1530, CVE-2000-0431
    BID : 777, 1238

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'webgais' CGI is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0176
    BID : 2058

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    alya.cgi is a cgi backdoor distributed with
    multiple rootkits.

    Risk factor : Serious

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The remote web server has one of these shells installed
    in /cgi-bin :
     ash, bash, csh, ksh, sh, tcsh, zsh

    Leaving executable shells in the cgi-bin directory of
    a web server may allow an attacker to execute arbitrary
    commands on the target machine with the privileges of the
    http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : Remove all the shells from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-1999-0509

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'CgiMail.exe' exists on this webserver.
    Some versions of this file are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2000-0726
    BID : 1623

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The Excite for Webservers is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Versions newer than 1.1. are patched.

    Solution : if you are running version 1.1 or older, then
    upgrade it.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0279
    BID : 2248

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'uploader.exe' CGI is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone upload arbitrary
    CGI on the server, and then execute them.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-win.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0177

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'bboard' servlet is installed in
     /servlet/sunexamples.BBoardServlet. This servlet has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-0629
    BID : 1459

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It is possible to retrieve the password of the remote guestbook application
    by requesting the file 'passwd.txt' in files/

    Solution : Delete the guestbook CGI
    Risk factor : Low
    BID : 7167

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The following dangerous CGI scripts were found
    You should manually check each script and associated CVE ID at cve.mitre.org

    AT-admin.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/AT-admin.cgi  CAN-1999-1072
    AT-admin.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/AT-admin.cgi  CAN-1999-1072
    CSMailto.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/CSMailto.cgi  CAN-2002-0749
    CSMailto.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/CSMailto.cgi  CAN-2002-0749
    UltraBoard.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/UltraBoard.cgi  CAN-2001-0135
    UltraBoard.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/UltraBoard.cgi  CAN-2001-0135
    UltraBoard.pl  http://127.0.0.1/UltraBoard.pl  CAN-2001-0135
    UltraBoard.pl  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/UltraBoard.pl  CAN-2001-0135
    YaBB.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/YaBB.cgi  CAN-2002-0955
    YaBB.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi  CAN-2002-0955
    a1disp4.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/a1disp4.cgi  CAN-2001-0562
    a1disp4.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/a1disp4.cgi  CAN-2001-0562
    alert.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/alert.cgi  CAN-2002-0346
    alert.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/alert.cgi  CAN-2002-0346
    authenticate.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/authenticate.cgi  CVE-2000-0923
    authenticate.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/authenticate.cgi  CVE-2000-0923
    bbs_forum.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/bbs_forum.cgi  CVE-2001-0123
    bbs_forum.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/bbs_forum.cgi  CVE-2001-0123
    bnbform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/bnbform.cgi  CVE-1999-0937
    bnbform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/bnbform.cgi  CVE-1999-0937
    bsguest.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/bsguest.cgi  CVE-2001-0099
    bsguest.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/bsguest.cgi  CVE-2001-0099
    bslist.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/bslist.cgi  CVE-2001-0100
    bslist.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/bslist.cgi  CVE-2001-0100
    catgy.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/catgy.cgi  CAN-2001-1212
    catgy.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/catgy.cgi  CAN-2001-1212
    cgforum.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgforum.cgi  CVE-2000-1132
    cgforum.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/cgforum.cgi  CVE-2000-1132
    classifieds.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/classifieds.cgi  CVE-1999-0934
    classifieds.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/classifieds.cgi  CVE-1999-0934
    csPassword.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/csPassword.cgi  CAN-2002-0917
    csPassword.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/csPassword.cgi  CAN-2002-0917
    cvsview2.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cvsview2.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    cvsview2.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/cvsview2.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    cvslog.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cvslog.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    cvslog.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/cvslog.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    multidiff.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/multidiff.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    multidiff.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/multidiff.cgi  CAN-2003-0153
    dnewsweb.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/dnewsweb.cgi  CAN-2000-0423
    dnewsweb.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/dnewsweb.cgi  CAN-2000-0423
    download.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/download.cgi  CAN-1999-1377
    download.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/download.cgi  CAN-1999-1377
    edit_action.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/edit_action.cgi  CAN-2001-1196
    edit_action.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/edit_action.cgi  CAN-2001-1196
    emumail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/emumail.cgi  CAN-2002-1526
    emumail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/emumail.cgi  CAN-2002-1526
    everythingform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/everythingform.cgi  CAN-2001-0023
    everythingform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/everythingform.cgi
     CAN-2001-0023
    ezadmin.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/ezadmin.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    ezadmin.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/ezadmin.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    ezboard.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/ezboard.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    ezboard.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/ezboard.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    ezman.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/ezman.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    ezman.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/ezman.cgi  CAN-2002-0263
    FileSeek.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/FileSeek.cgi  CAN-2002-0611
    FileSeek.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/FileSeek.cgi  CAN-2002-0611
    fom.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/fom.cgi  CAN-2002-0230
    fom.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/fom.cgi  CAN-2002-0230
    gbook.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/gbook.cgi  CVE-2000-1131
    gbook.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/gbook.cgi  CVE-2000-1131
    getdoc.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/getdoc.cgi  CAN-2000-0288
    getdoc.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi  CAN-2000-0288
    global.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/global.cgi  CVE-2000-0952
    global.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/global.cgi  CVE-2000-0952
    guestserver.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/guestserver.cgi  CAN-2001-0180
    guestserver.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/guestserver.cgi  CAN-2001-0180
    imageFolio.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/imageFolio.cgi  CAN-2002-1334
    imageFolio.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi  CAN-2002-1334
    lastlines.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/lastlines.cgi  CAN-2001-1205
    lastlines.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/lastlines.cgi  CAN-2001-1205
    mailfile.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/mailfile.cgi  CVE-2000-0977
    mailfile.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mailfile.cgi  CVE-2000-0977
    mailview.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/mailview.cgi  CAN-2000-0526
    mailview.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mailview.cgi  CAN-2000-0526
    sendmessage.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/sendmessage.cgi  CVE-2001-1100
    sendmessage.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/sendmessage.cgi  CVE-2001-1100
    nsManager.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/nsManager.cgi  CAN-2000-1023
    nsManager.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/nsManager.cgi  CAN-2000-1023
    perlshop.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/perlshop.cgi  CAN-1999-1374
    perlshop.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/perlshop.cgi  CAN-1999-1374
    readmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/readmail.cgi  CAN-2001-1283
    readmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/readmail.cgi  CAN-2001-1283
    printmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/printmail.cgi  CAN-2001-1283
    printmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/printmail.cgi  CAN-2001-1283
    register.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/register.cgi  CAN-2001-0076
    register.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/register.cgi  CAN-2001-0076
    sendform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/sendform.cgi  CVE-2002-0710
    sendform.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/sendform.cgi  CVE-2002-0710
    sendmessage.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/sendmessage.cgi  CVE-2001-1100
    sendmessage.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/sendmessage.cgi  CVE-2001-1100
    service.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/service.cgi  CAN-2002-0346
    service.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/service.cgi  CAN-2002-0346
    setpasswd.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/setpasswd.cgi  CAN-2001-0133
    setpasswd.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/setpasswd.cgi  CAN-2001-0133
    simplestmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/simplestmail.cgi  CAN-2001-0022
    simplestmail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/simplestmail.cgi  CAN-2001-0022
    simplestguest.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/simplestguest.cgi  CAN-2001-0022
    simplestguest.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/simplestguest.cgi  CAN-2001-0022
    talkback.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/talkback.cgi  CAN-2001-0420
    talkback.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/talkback.cgi  CAN-2001-0420
    ttawebtop.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/ttawebtop.cgi  CAN-2002-0203
    ttawebtop.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/ttawebtop.cgi  CAN-2002-0203
    ws_mail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/ws_mail.cgi  CAN-2001-1343
    ws_mail.cgi  http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/ws_mail.cgi  CAN-2001-1343

    CVE : CAN-1999-1072, CAN-2002-0749, CAN-2001-0135, CAN-2002-0955,
     CAN-2001-0562, CAN-2002-0346, CVE-2000-0923, CVE-2001-0123

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    It was possible to read the content of /EXT.INI
    (BadBlue configuration file) by sending an invalid GET request.

    A cracker may exploit this vulnerability to steal the passwords.

    Solution : upgrade your software or protect it with a filtering reverse
     proxy
    Risk factor : Medium
    CVE : CAN-2002-1021
    BID : 5226

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    Some versions of the mini-sql program comes with a
    w3-msql CGI which is vulnerable to a buffer overflow.

    An attacker may use it to gain a shell on this system.

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : contact the vendor of mini-sql (http://hugues.com.au)
               and ask for a patch. Meanwhile, remove w3-msql from
        /cgi-bin

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-0012
    BID : 898

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    There may be a buffer overrun in
    the 'cgitest.exe' CGI program, which will allow anyone to
    execute arbitrary commands with the same privileges as the
    web server (root or nobody).

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : remove it from

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-2002-0128
    BID : 3885

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    There may be buffer overflow in the remote cgi win-c-sample.exe.
    An attacker may use this flaw to execute arbitrary commands
    on this host.

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : delete it
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-1999-0178
    BID : 2078

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    There may be a  buffer overflow in the remote
    htimage.exe cgi when it is given the request :

    /cgi-bin/htimage.exe/AAAA[....]AAA?0,0

    An attacker may use it to execute arbitrary code
    on this host.

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : delete it
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2000-0256
    BID : 1117

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    admin.cgi was detected on this server.
    Shoutcast server installs a version that is vulnerable to
    a buffer overflow.

    ** Note that Nessus did not try to exploit the flaw,
    ** so this might be a false alert.

    Solution : upgrade Shoutcast to the latest version.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2002-0199
    BID : 3934

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'cgiWebupdate.exe' exists on this webserver.
    Some versions of this file are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    *** As Nessus solely relied on the existence of the cgiWebupdate.exe file,
    *** this might be a false positive

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-1150
    BID : 3216

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The 'webdist.cgi' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets anyone execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (root or nobody).

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0039
    BID : 374

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The remote host has the CGI 'hpnst.exe' installed.

    Older versions of this CGI (pre 5.55) are vulnerable
    to a denial of service attack where the user can make
    the CGI request itself.

    *** As safe checks are enabled, Nessus did not really test
    *** for this flaw, so this might be a false positive

    Solution : upgrade to version 5.55
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2003-0169

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI /pbserver/pbserver.dll is subject to a buffer
    overflow attack that allows an attacker to execute
    arbitrary commands on this host.

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : See
     http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-094.asp
    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CVE-2000-1089
    BID : 2048

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'wwwwais' is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0223

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The CGI 'wwwwais' is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    *** Nessus reports this vulnerability using only
    *** information that was gathered. Use caution
    *** when testing without safe checks enabled.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0223

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The file counter.exe seems to be present on the server
    As safe_checks were enabled, this may be a false positive

    CVE : CAN-1999-1030
    BID : 267

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The file counter.exe seems to be present on the server
    As safe_checks were enabled, this may be a false positive

    CVE : CAN-1999-1030
    BID : 267

 . Vulnerability found on port unknown (8080/tcp) :

    The executables 'redirect.exe' and/or changepw.exe exist on this webserver.

    Some versions of these files are vulnerable to remote exploit.

    *** As Nessus solely relied on the existence of the redirect.exe or
     changepw.exe files,
    *** this might be a false positive

    Solution : remove them from /cgi-bin.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-0401
    BID : 1256

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'finger' cgi is installed. It is usually
    not a good idea to have such a service installed, since
    it usually gives more troubles than anything else.

    Double check that you really want to have this
    service installed.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'webdriver' cgi is installed. This CGI usually
    lets anyone access the Informix databases of the hosts that run it.

    *** Warning : Nessus solely relied on the presence of this CGI, it did not
    *** determine if you specific version is vulnerable to that problem

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    BID : 2166

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    webadmin.dll was found on your web server.
    Old versions of this CGI suffered from numerous problems:
     - installation path disclosure
     - directory traversal, allowing anybody with
       administrative permission on WebAdmin to read any file
     - buffer overflow, allowing anybody to run arbitrary code on
       your server with SYSTEM privileges.

    *** Note that no attack was performed, and the version number was
    *** not checked, so this might be a false alert

    Solution : Upgrade to the latest version if necessary
    Risk factor : Serious

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The file /_ncl_items.shtml or /_ncl_subjects.shtml exists on the
    remote web server.
    If the remote host is a Tektronix printer, then this page
    allows anyone to reconfigure it without any authentication
    means whatsoever.

    An attacker may use this flaw to conduct a denial of service
    attack against your business by preventing legitimate users
    from printing their work, or against your network, by changing
    the IP address of the printer so that it conflicts with the IP
    address of your file server.

    Solution : Contact Tektronix for a patch and filter incoming
    traffic to this port
    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CAN-2001-0484
    BID : 2659

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'printenv' CGI is installed.
    printenv normally returns all environment variables.

    This gives an attacker valuable information about the
    configuration of your web server.

    Solution : Remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Medium

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'mailnews' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker execute arbitrary
    commands with the privileges of the http daemon (usually root or nobody).

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2001-0271
    BID : 2391

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    Carello.dll was found on your web server.
    Versions up to 1.3 of this web shopping cart allowed anybody
    to run arbitrary commands on your server.

    *** Note that no attack was performed, and the version number was
    *** not checked, so this might be a false alert

    Solution : Upgrade to the latest version if necessary
    Risk factor : Serious

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'processit' CGI is installed.
    processit normally returns all environment variables.

    This gives an attacker valuable information about the
    configuration of your web server.

    Solution : Remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Medium

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

     The CGI script ppdscgi.exe, part of the PowerPlay
    Web Edition package, is installed.

    Due to design problems as well as some
    potential web server misconfiguration
    PowerPlay Web Edition may serve up data
    cubes in a non-secure manner. Execution
    of the PowerPlay CGI pulls cube data into
    files in an unprotected temporary directory.
    Those files are then fed back to frames in
    the browser. In some cases it is trivial for an
    unauthenticated user to tap into those data
    files before they are purged.

    Solution : Cognos doesn't consider this
    problem as being an issue, so they
    do not provide any solution.

    Risk factor : Medium
    BID : 491

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'pagelog.cgi' cgi is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker create arbitrary
    files on the remote server, ending in .txt, and reading arbitrary
    files ending in .txt or .log

    *** Warning : this flaw was not tested by Nessus. Check the existence
    of /tmp/nessus_pagelog_cgi.txt on this host to find out if you
    are vulnerable or not.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.
    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CAN-2000-0940
    BID : 1864

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'ibillpm.pl' CGI is installed.
    Some versions of this CGI use a weak password management system
    that can be brute-forced.

    ** No flaw was tested. Your script might be a safe version.

    Solutions : upgrade the script if possible. If not:
    1) Move the script elsewhere (security through obscurity)
    2) Request that iBill fix it.
    3) Configure your web server so that only addreses from ibill.com
       may access it.

    Risk factor : Low
    BID : 3476

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'PGPMail.pl' CGI is installed.
    Some versions (up to v1.31 a least) of this CGI do not
    properly filter user input before using it inside commands.
    This would allow a cracker to run any command on your server.

    *** Note: Nessus just checked the presence of this CGI
    *** but did not try to exploit the flaws.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin or upgrade it.

    Reference : http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/243262
    Reference : http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/243408

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2001-0937

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    /base/webmail/readmsg.php was detected.
    Some versions of this CGI allow remote users to read local
    files with the permission of the web server.
    Note that if the user has a shell access, this kind of attack is
    not interesting.

    *** Nessus just checked the presence of this file
    *** but did not try to exploit the flaw.

    Solution : get a newer software from Cobalt

    Reference : http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/195165

    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CAN-2001-1408

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The cgi 'dumpenv.pl'  is installed. This
    CGI gives away too much information about the web server
    configuration, which will help an attacker.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CAN-1999-1178

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'nph-test-cgi' CGI is installed. This CGI has
    a well known security flaw that lets an attacker get a listing
    of the /cgi-bin directory, thus discovering which CGIs are installed
    on the remote host.

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious
    CVE : CVE-1999-0045
    BID : 686

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The 'vpasswd.cgi' CGI is installed. Some versions
    do not properly check for special characters and allow
    a cracker to execute any command on your system.

    *** Warning : Nessus solely relied on the presence of this CGI, it did not
    *** determine if you specific version is vulnerable to that problem

    Solution : remove it from /cgi-bin.

    Risk factor : Serious

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    Your website allows read access to the CVS/Entries file.
    This exposes all file names in your CVS module on your website.
    Change your website permissions to deny access to your CVS directory.
     name="text" cols="48"></textarea><br><input

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    Sunsolve CD CGI scripts does not validate user input.
    Crackers may use them to execute some commands on your system.

    ** Note: Nessus did not try to perform the attack.

    Risk factor : High
    CVE : CAN-2002-0436
    BID : 4269

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    Some Web Servers use a file called /robot(s).txt to make search engines and
    any other indexing tools visit their WebPages more frequently and
    more efficiently.

    By connecting to the server and requesting the /robot(s).txt file, an
    attacker may gain additional information about the system they are
    attacking.

    Such information as, restricted directories, hidden directories, cgi script
    directories and etc. Take special care not to tell the robots not to index
    sensitive directories, since this tells attackers exactly which of your
    directories are sensitive.

    The file 'robot.txt' contains the following:

    Risk factor : Medium

 . Warning found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The rpm_query CGI is installed.

    This CGI allows anyone who can connect to this
    web server to obtain the list of the installed
    RPMs.

    This allows an attacker to determine the version
    number of your installed services, hence making
    their attacks more accurate.

    Solution : remove this CGI from cgi-bin/
    Risk factor : Low
    CVE : CVE-2000-0192
    BID : 1036

 . Information found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    A web server is running on this port

 . Information found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The remote  web servers is [mis]configured in that it
    does not return '404 Not Found' error codes when
    a non-existent file is requested, perhaps returning
    a site map or search page instead.

    Nessus enabled some counter measures for that, however
    they might be insufficient. If a great number of security
    holes are produced for this port, they might not all be accurate

 . Information found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The remote web server type is :

    AWS (Ada Web Server) v1.3

    Solution : We recommend that you configure (if possible) your web server to
     return
    a bogus Server header in order to not leak information.

 . Information found on port unknown (8080/tcp)

    The TrendMicro Emanager software resides on this server.
    Some versions of this software have vulnerable dlls.  If vulnerable,
    remote exploit is possible.  For more info, visit:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/3327

    Solution : Remove this CGI or upgrade to the latest version of this software
    Risk factor : Medium
    CVE : CAN-2001-0958
    BID : 3327

 . Information found on port unknown (8118/tcp)

    A web server is running on this port

This file was generated by the Nessus Security Scanner

Preben