[AWS] lot of tasks?

Alejandro. R. Mosteo Chagoyen A. R. Mosteo Chagoyen" <alejandro@mosteo.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:33:10 +0100

Hello,

I'm doing a multitasking program (not realtime) and I've added the
Soap module for user interaction purposes.

I've just checked the thread count and, to my surprise, there are 66
threads! (Curiously, my program is suddenly the most task-accountable
running, followed by Svchost and System with 51 each). I'm in early
stages, so I have only the main task apart from AWS. I've checked that
disabling AWS, there remains only a single thread. Thus, 65 are from
AWS?. I'm on windows NT, I've experienced in the past that calls to
the API generate some threads (for example the standard open file
dialog generates about 3 threads the first time it's called that
remains for the life of the app). Also the ATC construct in Gnat
generates an additional (thread|task). Are these 65 pure explicit ada
tasks used by AWS or are in part S.O. related?

Not that I am much concerned about it for this project, but I'm
curious to what are these lot of tasks, and certainly that could have
relevance for a more time-strict related project. Can someone make a
brief explanation? I could ditch in the sources, but a simple
explanation could extinguish my curiosity ;)

Kind regards,

--
     /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   Alejandro R. Mosteo Chagoyen
    |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'  mailto:alejandro@mosteo.com