[AWS] Linking problems in AWS

Francisco Sánchez Rodríguez fransanchez2002@hotmail.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:46:48 -0000

Hello,
	I have had some linking problems in aws 1.3 and aws 1.2.

With AWS 1.3:
	I installed AWS 1.3 with SSL, I have run the demos and all is
ok.
I wanted to modify some demos to prove some aws features so I copied the
files runme.adb, runme_cb.adb and runme_db.ads to a new directory.

Before change anything in that files, I compile runme.adb but I get the
next linking error:
			Ld:cannot find -lnosslaws

To compile I wrote:
	Gnatmake 	-I..../AWS_1.3/AWS/components
			-I..../AWS_1.3/AWS/include
			-I..../Adasockets_1.2/src 	runme.adb

Because of the error decided to link manually:
	Gnatlink -s -lssl -lcrypto -ladasockets runme.ali

But I get the same error. Why can I do?

With AWS 1.2:
	I did the same
	I installed AWS 1.2 with SSL, I have run the demos and all is
ok.

I wanted to modify some demos to prove some aws features so I copied the
files runme.adb, runme_cb.adb and runme_db.ads to a new directory.

Before change anything in that files, I compile runme.adb but I get the
next linking error:

		Undefined reference...
		Undefined reference....

To compile I wrote:
	Gnatmake 	-I..../AWS_1.2/AWS/components
			-I..../AWS_1.2/AWS/include
			-I..../Adasockets_1.2/src 	runme.adb

Because of the error decided to link manually:
	Gnatlink -s -lssl -lcrypto -ladasockets runme.ali

And the executable was generated, I run it but the browser cannot
connect with the server.

I am not sure but I think it's a problem with SSL because with Aws 1.2
without SSL I have no problems.

I have talk to some people and they have linking problems too. Am I
doing anything wrong?