[AWS] SOAP over persistent HTTPs

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:39:32 +0200

I just like to add some more information about the SOAPAction issue.

SOAPAction is not well supported for persistent connections in AWS 1.3. The
SOAPACtion in AWS 1.3 is part of the connection and this is wrong as it is not
possible to specify a different SOAPAction for each requests (the same value
will be used for all request over the same connection).

In AWS 1.4w we have moved the SOAPAction from the connection to the client
call. In SOAP.Client we now have:

   function Call
     (Connection : in AWS.Client.HTTP_Connection;
      SOAPAction : in String;
      P          : in Message.Payload.Object)
      return Message.Response.Object'Class;

Hope this cast away all confusions I have raised about this issue :)

Pascal.

--|