[AWS] Relative URLs

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:29:05 +0200

Patrice,

 > I found the problem,
 > You were right,

Good to hear ;)

 > Indeed,
 > I saw in the HTTP protocol, that it is possible to specify a Location field
 > in the response header to specified the file browsed. that can probably
 > help, specifically if you want to redirect a directory URL to an index
 > file, and if you want the browser to refere the good location.
 >
 > am i right ??

Yes, but in your case you probably do not need to do that as you have the
complete control over the callabcks. If / is requested you can of course
directly reply by the index.html in the same directory (no need to do the
redirection). Just a guess as I did not see the sources...

 > but, be confident pascal, AWS is really great !!
 > I'm currently developping an image web server to manage my 3 go of pictures.
 > Thank's to aws features and jpeglib (i just only support jpegs for the
 > moment)  i think a can have a really complete application.
 > all source are under GPL and be very soon released for the first time.

Nice to hear, looking forward to test this.

Pascal.

--|