[AWS] XSLT processing with AWS (fwd)

Artola Zubillaga, Xabier jiparzux@si.ehu.es
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:13:30 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Pascal Obry wrote:

>  > But the transmitted name of the "user agent" can _not_ be
>  > trusted.  My browsers are for example all configured to
>  > return "Any Browser" as the user agent.  And I am almost
>  > certain that MSIE by default claims that it is a Mozilla
>  > clone while Opera by default claims that it is a MSIE clone.
>
> Agreed, but this is user's responsability.
>
>  > If you want to know if the clients know XSL, you should
>  > check the "accept content" header for that information.
>
> Indeed, this is certainly a better approach. The header to check
> is "Accept:". You need 2 steps, first get the header list
> from the callback status, then get the Accept header, something like:
>
>    Accept : constant String
>      := Headers.Get_Values (Status.Header (Request), Messages.Accept_Token);
>
> Pascal.

I can not see how to know if the browser is able to do XSLT processing
(maybe it is not possible at all):

1) Invoking
	Aws.Status.User_Agent (Request)

   I get (being the browser MSIE 6.0):

	Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

   and Jacob says that it can not be trusted,

2) while using
	Aws.Headers.Get_Values (Aws.Status.Header (Request),
		Aws.Messages.Accept_Token)

   I get:

image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-
powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword,
application/x-shockwav e-flash, */*

   where I can not see whether the browser is able to process XSLT or not.
I am getting confused now.

Could you make a bit clearer the point? Thanks,

Xabier Artola.
University of The Basque Country.