[AWS] beginning AWS problems

aws@grebyn.com aws@grebyn.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:23:26 -0500

I'm trying to start simply with AWS.  Got 1.4, built it with 3.15p on Red
Hat Linux 9.0.  No errors (only the warnings about pragma obsolescent and
unused libraries, like ssl, etc.) in the build or install.  When I go to run
the demo programs however (hello_world, for example), I get nothing in any
browser (lynx or mozilla).  It appears that some portion of the connection
is working, because the browser sends over a request and waits, and when I
kill the server, there's an immediate "Connection refused" window popped up
from the browser.  Any suggestions / ideas welcome.

-- Karl --