[AWS] Questions?

emartel@dit.ulpgc.es emartel@dit.ulpgc.es
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:30:39 +0100

Hello,

 One of my  Web Server sends data to client's Web browser.
Suddenly this Web Server fails!. I have another Web Server which
realizes about it. The new Web server has the state of the first one.
Well, I am intending to let client's browser know about the change
of the web server. I can change the URL in the client's browser from
the first Web Server when it is alive ( by means of
....AWS.Response.URL ("http://new_server:port/")...). Could the
second Web server change the URL of the client? Is there any way
for the server to communicate with the client's browser in that
situation?  I have seen AWS.Status.Peername but how can the
web server connect with the client's browser?

   I have also read about the AWS.Server.Push. However, I do not
need that the Web server sends continuously  data to the client's
Web Browser, just only one.

  I have thought a solution with applets and AWS, but is there any
choice only with AWS? Another solution can be implementing the
client side but then the user needs a GUI and we want  users to
interact with the application through Netscape,...

			Best regards,

Ernestina Martel Jordan
Dpto. de Ingenieria Telematica
Despacho 211. Pabellon C.
Campus Universitario de Tafira, s/n
35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Spain
Fax:+34 928 451243  Tfno.:+34 928 452876