[AWS] Cookie again

Michal Morawski morawski@zsku.zsk.p.lodz.pl
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:36:28 +0100

The reason of such solution is the following:

I have designed a rather sophisticated web server to take exam by students.
However some other topics (taking a results, printing reports to dean, etc.)
are under control of Apache.

Then after authenticating the student and after make sure the exam is
opened, the Apache redirects student to my server but it is required some
safety checking.

I think, the correct result may be obtained by generating random number in
the php script on Apache, then sending the string as a cookie to client AND
posting as a parameter the same string when redirecting client to exam
server.

The same solutuion (but in reverse direction) should be used when storing
results of the exam in the Apache database.

All numbers is used only once, so safety is under control (playback is
locked on the server internally).

But maybe someone knows another solution of the problem?

Sincerely

Michal