[AWS] cookie

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:28:50 +0100

Michal Morawski writes:
 > I have the following problem:
 >
 > Other server sent a cookie to client, then redirects cliebt to AWS. Then
 > AWS should read the value of this cookie and behave properly.
 >
 > Can I do it in  simply?

I don't think this is possible. A "Cookie" is set by a specific server by
sending some HTTP header to the client. The client will send the cookie only
to the server which has created it... We'll have to look at the documentation
about the cookie handling but I'm not sure it is possible to pass a cookie
from a server to another...

In such case, the way to proceed is to send the cookie value via an HTTP
parameter, for example:

	http://aws-server.com/call_this?cookie=value

So you'll have to generate this kind of redirection from the non-AWS server.

Hope this helps,
Pascal.

--|