[AWS] cookie

David Marceau davidmarceau@sympatico.ca
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:21:09 -0500

> Michal Morawski wrote:
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> Other server sent a cookie to client, then redirects cliebt to
> AWS. Then AWS should read the value of this cookie and behave
> properly.
>
> Can I do it in  simply?
>
> Micha? Morawski

One more thing just FYI please read the sections a)http headers,
b)cookies and c)environment variables from this web site:
http://perl.artil.ru/docs/perlstud/ch19.shtml

It's clear and to the point as to what should happen in the ada code to
:
1)redirect your web browser to another web site via the location http
header......print("Location: $nextPage\n\n");
2)set a cookie...
print("Set-Cookie: ");
print("$name=$val, expires=$exp, path=$path, domain=$dom");
print(", $secure") if defined($secure);
3)Notice the 304 error return code and the Redirect
keyword.........print "HTTP/1.0 304 Redirect\n";
4)Notice the 302 error return code and the Moved
Temporarily........print "HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily\n";

Maybe more facility is needed to communicate cookies between two
different kinds of web servers i.e. apache <->aws
I understand that every aws session needs to be assigned a aws session
id automatically which gets stored on the web browser via the
cookie-set.
What you asked is a good question because how is the web browser cookie
supposed to be passed and used in aws if the cookie originating from a
non-aws web server isn't associated with a particular aws session id and
AWS=... cookie?  From what I understand aws does not provide a facility
to just read a non-AWS=... cookie.

I hope it helps clarify your problem at least.  I have no solution but
if I think of one I'll let you know :)

Cheers.