[AWS] raised SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR : Bind failed (errno is 98)

Darren New dnew@san.rr.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:18:56 -0700

thierry.lelegard@canal-plus.fr wrote:
> This is a TCP feature, not a bug. To enable immediate reuse of the port,
> set the socket option SO_REUSEADDR on the server socket. It may also be
> a good idea to reduce the linger time.

And note that it's there for a reason, so you should probably turn off the
REUSEADDR before you put the software into production. When you're in
control of the server and all clients, this is OK, but you shouldn't do this
on the general internet.

--
Darren New
** http://home.san.rr.com/dnew/DNResume.html **