[AWS] raised SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR : Bind failed (errno is 98)

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:38:18 +0200

David Marceau writes:
 > Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
 > >
 > > and quit via the 'Q' key, I always have to wait about 1 minute before I
 > > run the program again or I get the exception:
 > >
 > > raised SOCKETS.SOCKET_ERROR : Bind failed (errno is 98)
 > >
 > > Is their something wrong? Am I not closing the server correctly? A
 > > minute or so after quitting my program, I can then load it again.
 > >
 > > Thanks,
 > >
 > > Jeremy
 > >

 > On my linux box, after pressing q, my prompt comes back.
 > You are right that if I restart the server right away, it might not
 > start up because the binding will fail.
 > That said the OS needs to clean up all the socket stuff before being
 > able to bind again.
 > IMHO it's not a bug, it's a feature :)

Indeed. This is because the the socket is not released immediatly by the OS.
That beeing said I'm not sure it is a bug or not. I would say that we should
have a way to properly release a socket... Anyway this is a known issue and
should be looked at at some point... If you have any idea to fix that...

Pascal.

--|