[AWS] Still curious ;-)

Pascal Obry p.obry@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:44:47 +0200

Maybe http://www.soapware.org/bdg
A complete introduction is here: http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/

 > I guess I could also use AWS and SOAP for my talk program? I mean a
 > program that can simoultaniously send and recive characters between two
 > machines. You send one and one character and not a whole line, so that
 > the other person can see what you type as you type.

Of course it is possible. But I think SOAP is not the best solution here. SOAP
is for medium to large grain services. For a talk like program I would use
GLADE. I have built a demo chat program with GLADE, it was quite easy.

Well maybe SOAP is ok for this too... Hum... would be a nice demo to
contribute to the AWS demos directory :)

Pascal.

--|