[AWS] Still curious ;-)

Preben Randhol randhol@pvv.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:36:37 +0200

Hi all

I'm so swamped with work at the moment so I haven't have time to read a
lot about AWS yet, but I'm printing the manual. So sorry for yet another
question, but here goes:

I'm planning some time in the future when I have time to make an old
Viking game (somewhat like chess) into a computer game. I will use
GtkAda for the GUI, but I'm thinking of building so that two players can
play against each other even if they are half away around the world. I
also would like them to be able to chat to each other by sending a line
of text.

Therefore my question is:

1) Should I make my own server to do the communication?
2) Would it be better to use AWS? (OK, a bit rhetorical here I guess,
   but what are the advantages)
3) How hard would it be to setup AWS for a user? I mean if I make a
   static version of the game for those who just want to play, how hard
   would it be for them to set up AWS and run it?

Thanks in advance.

Preben who hears that the printer just finished. God natt! (Good night)