[AWS] Re: Anybody can access my web server log?

Dmitriy Anisimkov anisimkov@yahoo.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 22:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

> That's right.  I didn't open up directory browsing.  I am actually
> creating alias'es for every file :)
> I find it much safer :)  It prevents against stuff similar to the nimda
> virus on nt boxes i.e. ../../windows/system/cmd.exe ...

The AWS is not starting executables like IIS,
and nimda could not affect AWS even with directory browser and with access
to the local files.

The danger is that intruder could read secret local files.
It is only reason to close access to the local files.