[AWS] Question: Can opening more than the number of allowed sessions break aws?

Dmitriy Anisimkov anisimkov@omsknet.ru
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 10:12:21 +0600

> Dmitriy Anisimkov writes:
>  > >  > Nothing was appearing in the aws log about this activity
>  > >  > however when I look at the Admin-Page I can see the same IP at all
the
>  > >  > different 40 sessions.
>  > >
>  > > I just don't understand how this is possible... I'm far from being a
>  > > network expert...
>  >
>  > I guess the intruder is connecting to the AWS,
>  > but not sending the correct HTTP request.
>
> Ok, but how an UPD connection can be accepted by an TCP/IP protocol ?
> Is that possible ?

I'm not sure. Maybe it is looks like UPD attack becouse the TCP/IP is on top
of UPD.

David,

If your server is not for critical application now,
it could be interesting to see how it could be affected by this kind of
attack.

I'm starting server on my working machine.
It has a 3 IP addresses.

http://195.162.48.244/status
http://195.162.53.2/status
http://195.162.53.12/status

I hope some intruders are going to attack me ;-).

I was seeing the http attach on AWS server in my computer before, but AWS
was stable agains it.